21 December 2006

Ring around a rosey...or is it gerberas?

Sunday:
Sunday was a day of rest. I refused the offer to go to church as I got very little sleep. My dog, who I had given to my brother & sister-in-law, was staying with dad & step-mom while her family was visiting. So I got to spend some quality time with my lovely yellow lab, Amber. Unfortunately, Amber is not a calm sleeper at night and kept me up for hours. Still...it was worth it for the furry snuggle.

Amber was a rescue dog. I applied to get her and went to the house where she was staying. The family had tried to keep her, but due to not doing enough training and having both an under 2 year old dog, a 2 year old child and a newborn, Amber was out of control. So I took her on. She got the works - one-on-one training with this amazing guy for eight weeks, life on a boarding school where she could run to her hearts content. Yup, she was a lucky dog. And by the time I moved, she was well trained and a bit more mature...so my bro got a lovely animal.

During the day, I just read and read and read. I didn't want to do a thing. I was a bit jet lagged. I did go out to dinner with my mom at a lovely restaurant. Yummy calamari & a fishcake plus all the desert you could eat (crazy). And it was nice to have some time with her just one-on-one. We made plans for the next day to go wedding ring shopping.

Monday:
I went with my step-mom to meet with the florist I had chosen. Dad and step-mom had used them with great results so I figured why not. The only other florist I wanted to check out was already booked for that weekend, so I just went with Matterns. And it was fun. I decided to use gerbera daisies for the bouquets and ceremony, roses for the guys & moms and usherettes. I'll have reds and yellows and pinks...a mishmosh of colour! It'll be purty. And it was within my budget. Now I just have to figure out how to make a mandap...

In the afternoon I went and hung out a bit with my nephew (the cutest boy ever) and then took mom with me while we went ring shopping. I found the best jeweler ever. He designs and makes his own rings. He came up with an idea that will fit perfectly with my engagement ring and within my budget (actually less than my budget...yeah!)...but I wanted to check other places out so didn't place the order yet. The second place we saw was horrid. That's all I have to say. And we were done by then. I was pooped. It was time to go back for dinner with dad and step-mom.

Tuesday to come....

No comments: