02 July 2007

Just a day...

Today is the first day where I don't have to go to work, and yet I'm not on a vacation. Now, note, I did actually go into work for a few reasons, and I got an email from Roy about our future vacation around Christmas. So I haven't gotten away from either too much!

We didn't sleep too well last night. It probably had a lot to do with Saturday night. I went to a hen night and was out until 1:30am (just dinner and drinks but it was in south London so it took a while to get back home) and Roy was out with the future hubby and a friend until (frickin') 4:00am. This did not help change our sleep patterns too well. And then we woke up at 8am. Sigh. But I got up with Roy, took my shower and got ready to head out. I wanted to see if I had any phone messages, change my outgoing message, get any mail that was there and see what Alicia had left for me in my office prior to moving back to the States.

My office was packed with some good stuff and some junk, which I will toss. The rest of it will either go to my in-laws (a big screen t.v. that I leant to her) or will be sold to newbies coming in August. I did find some good mail and a few old messages. But best of all - I got to meet the new Head of School and Head of High School. I'm looking forward to talk to them further but it was good to actually see them and introduce myself. I'm a bit nervous about next year having so many new people working in administration...but we'll survive it!

The rest of the day so far I've spent relaxing (on counch, on computer or watching cooking shows), cleaning and shopping for lots of veg and fruit (we're trying to up our 5-a-day thing). I'll cook dinner and do a bit more laundry soon...busy day! I wonder what tomorrow will bring...it ought to lead to some gym time I think!

1 comment:

Joy said...

You're having the time of your life! I wish you a lifetime os happiness like this.