29 July 2007

Good days...

Today has been a good day.

Started off way too early, with an 8:00am wake-up. I had to eat a decent breakfast as I was hoping to play cricket today. There was some question about it as the weather had been quite rubbish in the evening. But we got the call that, yes, we'd play with a later start...and so I ran to the train for my one stop.

My favorite book sellers were out today (sun shining and all). So I bought a new book (which I needed having finished Harry Potter), which I really needed. Okay, you never NEED a book, but I wanted to have one to read.

I got to the pitch well on time and started checking it out. Quite squishy. Rain had slogged through the area. But we were up for it and the decision was made to play on the astro part of the pitch. I'm not a huge fan of the astro as it's quite slippy even regularly, but at least we were going to be able to play.

We were lucky and got the toss, so chose to take the field first. I was very happy about this as it gave me a chance to check out the wicket before batting. I had a good day out in the field - my arm worked well and I didn't make any major mistakes. I love being able to use the strength of throw to my advantage in this sport. Where I play I tend to get quite a few hits.

We were able to get them all out for 55. This is an amazing feat for us - to get everyone out and only allow them to hit for 55 points. Our bowling was magnificent. The best it's ever been. But we also had the advantage of the wicket being complete ick.

I was then up to bat first. This is a huge thing for me. I feel like it means that the team has confidence in me. And I try to live up to it. While I didn't get many runs, I was in for the entire time until we got out 56. And we only lost one wicket. I was instrumental in making lots of calls so that we would get some extra runs on extras.

So it was a fun day at cricket.

In addition, we've now ordered a carpet for our bedroom, and so the plan is to paint it next week...then the carpet will be delivered...and hopefully we'll get the bathroom finished as well and we'll put it on the market (after making the flat look pretty).

So - that's it for now. If the day continues the way it's been going, then I'll be a lucky girl.

No comments: