24 April 2006

Just put one foot in front of the other

The blahs. Have you ever had them? I don't tend to get them often but when they hit...whammo. Typically, I'm one of those people who will drive you crazy with optimism. It's a good trait for my job, if not a necessary one, and also just is part of my personality anyway. It makes life so much nicer to think that there are silver linings or that you can learn from adversity, and I tend to have pretty decent coping skills. But for some reason, the 'blahs' can sneak up on even the most happiest of people. And I mean, really, here I am, in good health, with life going on quite swimmingly, and yet I still feel sorta bland.

I think part of it comes from not doing anything remotely social this weekend. Usually I do something with someone...even if it's just R. But we didn't do anything really. Friday night I cooked and Saturday night he cooked. We went for a long walk on Saturday. R. spent time with his cousin on Sunday while I went to the gym. But that's it. A very boring weekend. Now, I know it might seem great sometimes to have that kind of rest, as I did finish a book and got a bunch of sleep (with the exception of last night), but I kinda needed more. And I think R. felt the same way. So we've decided that at least 2 x a month, we need to go out and see a movie during the weekend (most likely on a Sunday).

So...hopefully I'll be getting out of the blahs. With R. starting cricket this week and me starting it the following one (yup, an American playing cricket), I don't think I'll be feeling 'blah' any longer. And hopefully I can amp up my social life outside of R. I definitely need to!

No comments: