03 April 2006

The walk

I walked for two hours today. It's all part of my training for the London Playtex Moonwalk of 26 miles in May. I started off in Cricklewood and walked through the neighborhood toward the top end of West Hampstead. I walked down Finchley Road which is quite busy. I looked into shop windows and passed by all sorts of people. I was proud that I was able to bypass the tube stops and the bus stops and keep on going...on past Swiss Cottage pub and down Avenue lane. The houses there are amazingly HUGE. I don't think I'd even enjoy living somewhere like that...too much space, too many rooms. But it did give me something to look at. I continued on through to Regents Park and made my way inside, walking on the pathways. The sights there are wonderful...a camel in the zoo, green everywhere, young love hand-in-hand, a guy running in shorts (brrrr)...so many lives.

No comments: