12 April 2006

Moving on

I have moved several times since college. I moved to NJ to follow a boyfriend and lived there for a few years. Then I moved back home to go to graduate school. The next move was to northern Virginia (2 moves in there) and four years later to Boston. I've lived in two places so far in London and now, am moving again to be with R. While I'm so happy to be moving in with him (no more not having an article of clothing/makeup/jewelry), it's so annoying to have to do it again. I've moved a few things over here so far...bedside desks, some clothing, my makeup...but have quite a bit more to do. So today I'm going to go to my house and pack up a boatload of stuff...clothing, files, the taxes I need to do (ick) and household items. I won't bring it all...have a desk, skis/boots and things like that which can wait until the summer...but I'll bring a lot. And then I'll have to figure out where to put it all! While R. does have some decent storage (for London), it may not be quite big enough...and we're not planning on buying a wardrobe & dresser drawers until August. I guess some of it will just go in the same spot as every other 'extra thing'...on the floor of the second bedroom. Sigh. Moving on is both wonderful and tough to do.

No comments: