11 April 2006

Life on vacation

I love being on vacation! I get to do what I want, when I want...though I guess with this whole walking a marathon thing I can't just stop exercising (yes, I'm a lazy sloth). So I did yesterday. I walked from Cricklewood to Old Street in London City. It's quite a long walk, though it was much more interesting than some other walks I've done so far...there were more people and shops to look at. So I may have to do more 'downtown' London walks to get my hours in...I can sightsee and train at the same time. The reason I took my bod down to London central was to meet R. for lunch. He knew a great Indian restaurant and wanted to introduce me to it. Yup, very authentic...and I was one of very few white people who came in...mostly Indian folk...which is always a good sign. But I got stuffed so there was no way I was walking any longer...so I took the bus and then a tube and then the train back to Cricklewood (probably would have taken less time to walk!).

Today I did the exciting things like vacuum or clean the kitchen or even better, laundry after changing the sheets. Ohhh...so much fun. But it's good as I like my place to be reasonably clean...it doesn't have to be neat, but clean is a necessity!

I then went and did a bit of shopping, including buying myself a temporary ring. Yes, I know, I had a temp ring...but it was too big and bulky.
So I went to a (shock) pawn shop and found a cute little black stone ring (in gold) and bought it for next to nothing...it's easy to wear and I like it (plus when you wear so much black you might as well have the stone!). It'll be perfect for the short term. Can't you see in the comparison pic above that my new ring is so much daintier? I can actually move my finger now!


Oh, and I also bought R. a chocolate egg. It's a weird tradition that they have here...you buy this box which has a whopping large hollow chocolate egg in it along with a bunch of candy bars by the same company. And that's what you get for Easter. Interesting, eh? They don't have the small chocolate eggs, very few bunnies, nor do they sell very many white eggs so you can't really dye them all sorts of colours (they are brown...but much nicer so it's not a bad thing). I will miss my chocolate peanut butter eggs...the Brits just don't like that combo. Sigh.




I then went to lunch with my friend, M., who I work with. She just recently bought a flat not to far away. We hadn't seen each other since my engagement so it was time. We chatted, I showed off my new ring (we think it may be onyx but it could also be black spinnel, either way it's supposed to be a 'protective' stone). And I've agreed to help her paint a room in her flat tomorrow. That's what friends are for, are they not? I think it'll be good.

No comments: