17 April 2006

The Swan

Today R. & I went out for a pub lunch in the 'country'...which basically means anywhere outside of Greater London (or outside the M25). We ended up at The Swan in Ley. It was lovely. We spent a bit of time in the restaurant part of the pub. We started with a soup & piece of baked brie. Yummy. Then on too our main course. R. had some seabass on crab & asparagus risotto and I had salmon with a potato & asparagus layer. Both were absolutely wonderful. I wish I had read more about the fact that they had real ales cause I would have had one of those, but instead we both had lagers. Which are fine, but when you go to a place with real ale, you just ought to buy that! The lunch (our big meal today) was so relaxing and fine. I hope that we'll do some of this more often...we can get too set in our ways sometimes and I want to keep venturing to new places on occasion.

No comments: