19 April 2006

Pooped!

I am tired. Very, very tired. And it's my own fault. I went out last night with a group of friends from UK-Yankee, along with A. & R.. We met up at Smollensky's, and would have been perfectly happy to just remain there...drinking our drinks and then having a bite to eat. But no. A special event was happening at 8pm, so we had to leave to move on to a new place. And stupid me...I suggest a nearby Mexican food restaurant, Cafe Pacifico, which typically means lots of drink and a long evening. Sigh.

Smollensky's was a good venue for people to meet, particularly as we had a pregnant woman with us and it has no smoking in a section. But there were few people there due to the closing at 8pm thing. When I arrived with A. & R., there were already about six people sitting in one of the booths. I recognized everyone except one, who had recently moved to the London area. We had a good time catching up, and I got to once again celebrate my engagement (which is starting to show in my belly...not good!). More old friends showed up as well as a few newbies. It's so funny to gather with people you know from the internet. You know quite a lot about their lives and yet you don't 'know them'. So meetings are great to actually put a name and face together - and really get a true name as opposed to their screen name. We laughed about how we talk about people on the board, how we pictured each other and how we can even get into 'fights' on the board. But it's a friendly place, overall, and we each agreed that it's somewhere we go during our day to get a laugh or a virtual hug.

The huge group left Smollenksy's at 8pm and walked up to Covent Garden. Have to say that my feet were hurting by then, darn high heeled boots! We couldn't get a table for 12 quickly, so we had a drink first. Then finally food and more drink. It was a great time - we enjoyed good company, a lot of laughs and just a nice evening out. But we didn't get home until 11:30pm on a school night...which meant a very late night for me!

So here I am, sitting at my desk, and hoping that no one comes into my office any time soon. But I know I'll have to be 'on' quite soon. Come on eyes...open!

No comments: