25 May 2006

'Dem Blogs

I started writing a blog after reading a few that made me laugh. I've been reading a few for quite a while and decided that it was my turn to write about my life. I didn't really care if anyone else read or made any comments (which is good as no one has left a comment yet for me!), but I thought it'd be great to share my thoughts to anyone who might care and especially to leave my thoughts as I go through this great journey of love and life. I want to be able to look back and see what I was thinking just months or (hopefully) years ago.

When you read a blog that has been going on for years, it's cool to see how people grow and change. I have two favorite blogs which I've read for a while that follow the lives of two women. One is recently married, one is still single...and both of their journeys are interesting to read. You should check them out: http://thesmitten.ivillage.com/love/ and http://thisfish.ivillage.com/love/.

They then led to me a few new blogs which I am beginning to read religiously (darn them!). The first is a food blog. As a complete foody, I LOVE going on there to read a new idea or recipe. Such yummy stuff is on offer. If you love food, you have to check out: http://www.nosheteria.com/.

And then finally, while spending time on ivillage, I found my latest blog...one that supports 'women power'. Her latest blogging was very similar to the one I just posted yesterday...about women and viewpoints. Grrl Genius is very fun to read.

I hope to find more and more blogs that strike a cord. While it does take away from some of my day to read them...it's like a little present each day. Sometimes there's a new post, and I'm thrilled, sometimes there's not and it heightens the anticipation!

No comments: