30 May 2006

I have to admit that I'm kinda sad that I didn't fully take advantage of living in Kilburn while I was there. I didn't check out all the restaurants or pubs. And now that I've moved, it's more likely that I won't. Perhaps this summer.

What prompted this 'sadness' is the fact that I met up with some people last night at an Indian restaurant just one block from my old house. And it was inexpensive and darn good! What they day about Geeta is true - it's quite plain in decor, but the food is like that which you'd get in a home. It's not as English as most Indian restaurants...catering to the tastes of the local neighborhood. Instead of being very hot, it is spicy. Instead of being very heavy, it's just flavorful. And it was really very inexpensive! R. & I spent around £30 TOTAL and shared a starter (masala dosai), had two mains & two beers each.

After the dinner, the group headed to the North London Tavern (just a few blocks away). We had a beer here & just enjoyed the company. While it's not the best pub ever, it'd be nice to have it in Cricklewood as our local. Sigh.

So, if you ever get to London and want a decent meal on the cheap & good beer, check out Geeta & the North London Tavern. I'd say it's worth the detour!

No comments: