04 May 2006

I received my first brochure for weddings/honeymoons at a "destination"...we are looking at Maritius, Indian (Goa & Kerala), Kenya and South Africa. We have thought about actually getting married at these locations but not sure as of yet. My parents may want to see me get married and offer to host a wedding and reception. I know that R. isn't interested in a church type wedding so I'm not sure how it would work out. This is one of those areas that we have to deal with as he's non-religious and I grew up in quite a religious family (even though I'm not into going to church either).

I'm trying to look at the pros & cons of each place we're thinking about...and doing as much research as I can online. Gotta love TripAdvisor. I can check out the comments of people. And of course I've gotten clicked in to a bunch of 'wedding' websites that cater to UK folk...so they write about these destinations. I checked out one American one and most people there stick to the Carribean, Hawaii and US locales (or Europe). So, hopefully we'll get enough information to make some decisions after our trip to the States in June/July. We'll need to book so that we can get the resort & time that we want (I think April of 2007). For a research geek like me, it's all sorts of fun! Can't wait to get more brochures that I can mark up for R. to look at after he's dealt with the fact that we're actually doing this marriage thing! ;-) Maybe it's time to go online and register at other sites...

No comments: