09 May 2006

Fat Days and Holidays

I am having one of those days that EVERY woman knows about (even the stick figure ones)...yes, a fat day. Normally, even if I want to lose some weight due to not fitting into a skirt I love or having eaten everything in sight, I quite like my body in an overall sense. It's been good to me. It helped me play some fun sports, helped me play a sport that got me into an Ivy League university, has gotten me some good ol' lovin' and has allowed me to continue doing the stuff that I enjoy. But today...I'm not loving my body. And I know it's my own darn fault. I have given in to the diet monsters. I have eaten crap, drank like a fish and not done an ounce of exercise in the past few days. And on top of that...I'm frickin' premenstral. (Sorry guys)

So...what's a girl to do when she's having a fat day and she has to go to work? (Cause otherwise she'd just sit at home in sweats) Well...first of all you put on cami clothing. Yup, a good dose of black and a skirt that hugs in the right places and not in the others. You work hard to have a GREAT hair day and your makeup must be perfect. You laugh a little louder. Drink tons of water. You don't go for the chocolate and stay away from that worker who ALWAYS has brownies on her desk. And you find some way, any way, to get a little exercise in, even if it kills ya! And so that's the plan folks. I will do what I was meant to do all last week but didn't...eat in a healthy manner and go to cricket training for my exercise. And I'll focus on things other than my body. It'll be tough. And I won't like it all that much (other than cricket). But I'll do it.

------------------------------------

On a side note - got some information from a few places in India about weddings in Kerala. I kinda like one of the companies as they are suggesting some interesting things - like a Mehendi ceremony for me or a night and ride in a houseboat along the backwaters of Kerala. I always wanted to do something different. Now if I can only convince him that spending some money on this will be worthwhile...he's such a boy!!!

No comments: