05 March 2007

33

So the wedding of the year is going on...yes, the Liz Hurley extravaganza. And personally, I think mine will be better.

Hers is full of restrictions for the guests - you must all wear hot pink saris or red turbans. I'm letting even my bridesmaids choose what they want to wear.

My wedding will be full of family, friends and beautiful colours. Hers will be celebs and once again, just hot pink.

For her it will be all about the show. For me, the show will be fun, but it's more about spending time with people, getting married and having some fun.

Yup, I kinda feel for her in a way, cause I'm sure she feels like this is what is expected. But what a shame. Everyone in the party will be identical, the pictures won't have the vibrance and flair of the traditional Indian wedding. And while all my guests may not be wearing Indian outfits, we'll have a uniqueness that no one else can capture.

I can't wait. 33 more days or so to go. Not that I'm counting. I think it's going to be such a fun time. And there's so much to do in the coming days...this weekend is the first of my three 'hen nights' (or bachelorette parties)...then the next one is on the 23rd (good thing we have the next day off for report writing). And then it'll soon be the week of the wedding, with errand running, hair & makeup trials, parties...crazy!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Sounds like so much fun!

UKYankee said...

Thanks! I am looking forward to everything...can't believe it's less than a month now.