20 March 2007

Greedy!

I know this is petty, and ridiculous...and crazy...but since the wedding shower so many moons ago, only 2 presents have been purchased for me off my wedding registries. And there's only 2-1/2 weeks to go. And they are online only registries, so it's not like someone could just run to the store the day before.

I know that putting something like eight knives on a registry seems kinda odd...but I really would LOVE to get some good cooks knives. The IKEA ones that R. owned work okay, but truly aren't great. I want REAL knives. And no, R. does not have to worry about his safety.

I know that I have lots of guests who don't have tons of money...but I did put some inexpensive things on my registry. In fact most items are under $25 or so.

Maybe people are just buying stuff from places like Macy's...similar to what we're looking for. But what if I get a ton of the same things cause of this? I have to travel back home two days after the wedding. Maybe people want to give us money. Which would be tough as we don't really use US dollars...guess I could take them on the honeymoon.

I know. I'm being materialistic. Getting married isn't about the gifts. But I'd like them. Kinda.

No comments: