17 November 2006

Bridget Jones, here I come!

So last night R. got to see me cry. I keep talking about wanting to lose weight, but I've done nothing about it. I go one day or two and then the resolve breaks down. And I have to say that R. doesn't help as he brings in fatty foods and has an excuse not to go to the gym.

I tried on a pair of boots last night that I haven't worn since last year. I've always had trouble with boots due to muscular calves and these were a bit tight last year...but I can't even zip them up, not even close...it was so disheartening as they are VERY expensive and nice boots. It was the last straw I think. I made me realize just how much weight I've gained this year and that it has to stop. I can't keep thinking that I can do things in moderation. I don't work that way. And I'm getting older which means cutting back on certain foods for my health. I just have to do it. I'm the type who gains most of her weight in her belly, which is not good for heart health.

So. Once again. I keep saying it. I keep not doing it. But I'm going to. I have to. I not only want to look good in my wedding photos, but I also want to be healthier and fit. So it begins. Today is step one. And each day will be a step.

I may post every day how things are going. I'm going to have to finally weigh myself regularly. It may be the only way I can do this.

No comments: