16 November 2006

How do you 'do' your mornings. Since I was young, I've gotten ready for school or work in the same manner. It's hardly ever changed, even with living with someone now. And I can't imagine doing anything differently though I suppose if I ever have a kid then it'll change dramatically. What a shocker that will be.

So here's my morning:

6:30 am (this has changed over time depending on commute & time to be somewhere)
I get up straight away with the alarm. Some days I'll actually wake up before the alarm (like this morning I woke up at 6:26). Or just the sound of the cd player will do it. I'm a light sleeper so almost anything works as an alarm. And I've always been this way. I tried once to do the 'snooze', but I just didn't see the point. I might as well sleep as long as possible and then just get up.

6:32 am
I get into the shower. I like my showers to be quite warm but not hot. With having rosacea it's a good idea NOT to have too hot a shower so it's perfect that I tend to like it that way. I'm not one for hot weather or very cold weather. London is perfect for me as it's so moderate.

Every other day or so I'll wash my hair and then condition and then use my red hair stuff that's supposed to keep the colour. On some days I'll do deep conditioning. I shave EVERY day. (perhaps TMI?).

Once I get out, I put on my body & face moisturizers and then do my hair. Leave-in conditioner, mousse and a serum to add body (love Tigi). I never, ever brush my hair. Only the big comb for me and only to get out the tangles.

6:45 am
Head out to the living room in my robe and pj bottoms with the towel wrapped around my head (to do some natural drying...curly hair demands it). I close the door to keep the noise down, turn on the news and go get a bowl of cereal. I sit, watch the news and eat my cereal. I sit a bit more.

7:00am
Time to blow dry my hair. I don't dry it all...otherwise I'd be a frizz head. It's tough in the winter as I tend to have frozen hair, but must do it. I then get dressed. If I didn't do the ironing the night before I have to quickly do that. But I always lay out my clothes in the living room the night before so I don't bother R.

7:15am
Head back to bathroom to brush teeth and put on SPF on my face and neck. Head into bedroom and give R. a kiss (he wants it even if he's asleep!). Do final stuff to get ready.

7:24 am
Begin to head to train station. Have to catch the 7:30am train. Luckily it's only a 4 minute walk.

I get to school around 7:55am, go to my office, turn on the laptop and then check my work email. If I'm not teaching first period I head to the staff lounge and fill up my 32 oz water bottle (try to drink two of these if I can in the school day) and get a cup of tea.

It's time to start my day!

No comments: