21 November 2006

Cold (for England)

Brrrr....Today was the first day when I truly felt the need for gloves, a scarf and my big ol' woollen jacket. It's COLD. Not just cold. Not just cool. But bone chilling damp cold.

London doesn't really get too cold. Not like Boston cold or NEPA cold. But the damp cold after a long period of quite reasonable temps feels frigid!

If I had straight hair then I'd even go out and buy a cute hat to wear. But with my curls I'm stuck hatless (unless I want to look like a complete dork at work with tons of frizz and curls astray).

(Well, I know I'm a complete dork already, but why prove it even more?!)

It's the kind of day that makes you think of snow. One that reminds you that winter is almost here. A day where it's sunny and you just want to be all bundled up in your warmest wear...walking through the woods and looking at the stark beauty of leaveless trees. It's a day for hot cocoa and peppermint schnapps. A day for a lab to run after a tennis ball, joyously comfy in her warm coat of fur. Perhaps even a day to think about Christmas shopping.

Brrrr...shoulda worn trousers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've always wanted to be British when I grow up. Hearing that it doesn't get cold there (unlike how it gets cold here in New England) makes me want it even more. *sigh*