13 November 2006

Homecoming

We had agreed that he would pick me up from school, as I had a suitcase and backpack and would most likely be quite tired. So I called him about 10 minutes from school. He told me that a friend was over, they were on the Playstation and had been drinking...but he'd come get me any way. No. Don't be an idiot. I'll take a cab if I can find my wallet with my pounds in it or take the tube & train or bus. I was not happy with him.

I didn't feel like searching through my suitcase for my wallet (which I didn't think I'd need), so off I went on the tube. Luckily at that time of night, heading away from London, it wasn't crowded. I arrived in West Hampstead to see that the train would be another 15 minutes or so...thus went to catch the bus. And it actually arrived in less than 5 minutes (rarely happens with the C-11!). And the space where I usually put bags was open. It was a good thing.

I arrived at home and pressed the button as I also didn't want to have to search for my keys. R. answered, let me in and then gave me a boozy hug. Yup, he was a touch wiffy. His friend, T and he had decided to make Playstation football into a drinking game and they were well on their way to utter drunkenness. I had been away for several days and this was my homecoming. Harrumph!

Luckily, R. had bought some roses (which were placed in our Brita as our one vase was missing) and had made me dinner (pasta...still it was hot and yummy). I ate, chatted a bit about my experiences with the kids and then went to bed as they continued their game. I was sleepy and didn't want to stay up any longer.

R. finally came to bed and woke me up. I pushed his drunken butt off me, grumbled at him and fell back asleep. He ought to have known better...a grumpy ukyankee is not a good sight! But we slept until 11am. I felt great. R. was hungover. Heh heh. And we had a lovely relaxing day. But he still ought to have been in shape to pick me up the night before. I don't typically hold grudges...but he might have to pay for this one! ;-)

1 comment:

UKYankee said...

Thanks! It's something I try to do...