15 November 2006

For hire

R. and I have been discussing the idea of getting a cleaner every other week. And I think we're heading toward an affirmative answer on it.

Part of me feels like it's an extravagence to have someone clean a small two bed-two bath flat in London, when there are two very able people living there. We could spend the small amount of time needed to do the cleaning if we just did it more regularly (every night a task) instead of waiting for our free weekend time (aka Sunday) to do it all.

But then a part of me also thinks...I do a lot. R. does a lot. We're very involved people who have tons going on in our lives (mostly really cool stuff!). And to have the freedom from cleaning the shower or thinking about the drapes on a regular basis....oh, it just sounds lovely.

What it would mean is that we'd have to give up going out twice a month. Or cooking, instead of ordering food (which is something I tend to enjoy anyway). And we could do this easily.

I know I'd still have to do some cleaning (after cooking for example). But the big stuff would be done twice a month. And that would be nice. Really, really nice.

But I'm still not completely convinced. I guess the conversation needs to continue.

No comments: