30 November 2006

Naughty, naughty!

I went out on a SCHOOL NIGHT!

Yes, even at the age of 37, I still get a secret little thrill about going out during the week.

My parents never let me do that when I was in grade school or high school. I'm almost certain that it never happened. Maybe once. But I definitely was not one of those people who were allowed to go to concerts or movies on a Thursday. It was a school night.

Now, of course, once I hit college, all bets were off. I went out on school nights all the time. It wasn't really a great idea as it killed some of my grades. But I did have a ton of fun! And I did go out once in a while during the week when I was in grad school...but this time my grades did not suffer at all.

But once I was in the working world, it was back to going to bed at 10pm (love my sleep) and giving up some social functions.

The next few weeks I'll be going out quite a lot. 'Tis the season. But going to a MOVIE on a Wednesday night...one that STARTS at 9pm...now that is decadent for me. (And yes, I'm paying for it this morning!)

I went to see DejaVu last night. I know it's out in the US, but the movie isn't slated to come out to every theatre over here until Dec. 10. Someone dropped off a bunch of special invites a special opening show in London and I was able to get two. So R & I went out to dinner in Leicester Square and then on to the Empire Theatre for the show. It was packed.

The movie was okay. Not great. But definitely rentable. So I had fun. And wasn't able to get to bed until midnight. Now, note that I have to get up at 6:30am, so midnight is really pushing it for me! But it was worth it!

Woo hoo...goin' out during a school night. Aren't I the bad girl? ;-)

No comments: