16 August 2007

Autumn?

I woke up at 6:30am. Wide awake. That kind where you know you just won't find any way to fall back to sleep. Sigh. So I got up, trying to let Roy sleep his one more hour. I started out on the couch, and had my cereal as per usual and turned on the news. I wasn't so excited about it all. I'd rather have had my sleep. But life sometimes intervenes. And then, it hit 7:00am. Ah, yes, I have a package to pick up from Royal Mail. And they open at 7:00am. Cool. I'll do that.

I was thinking about wearing just a tee-shirt with jeans, but decided for some reason to wear a fleece instead. And a good thing I did. I walked out of the door and felt it. The feel of autumn. You know it...a cool tinge in the air. The weather that feels chilled in the morning but warms a bit as the day goes on. And it was. Chilly that is. I actually felt like I could have used another layer. My breathe felt much fresher. A small breeze bringing the little hairs up from under my headband. My cheeks. Definitely turning red.

So, summer is heading toward it's ending. I supposed it's appropriate in my last day before returning to school full-time. It'll make it much easier to return than hot and sunny days!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Here in Atlanta, we're at 100 degrees, at 8:30 this morning, it was 86. It's so humid, its like living in a fish bowl. Sigh.

UKYankee said...

Yikes! I definitely prefer the coolness of over here! Our high was in the high 60s I think. I like cold over heat any day. Hope it gets less humid soon!