18 August 2007

Lessons learned..

I don't want anyone to think that my husband is a complete ass. He's really not. Nor is he an alcoholic, though, like many Londoners he tends to drink too much on occasion. He really doesn't drink regularly (other than a glass of wine for dinner once in a while). And last night he came home from work and dragged me onto the bed to have one of our bed chats (don't know why but we seem to be able to talk better in bed).

He had talked to his friend, Tom, about the situation last night. He basically told him that even if it was a pain or meant that he was going to be late, that he would always leave the car at home if he was going to be drinking. Or if he couldn't, that he'd just leave the car. And if he thought that he hadn't drunk too much, but had, that Tom could call me or take away his car keys. I was proud of my hubby for coming up with a plan. He again apologized to me for his behavior. It's one of the things I do love about him...he's willing to own up to his mistakes and to talk about things.

No comments: