19 August 2007

Nestie

The nesties rock.

I met two of them on Thursday evening for dinner. We went to Navajo Joes in Covent Garden for a yummy dinner (well, at least mine was). These two were great! So friendly and had the perfect level of sarcasm and bite...kinda similar to my friend Alicia who moved back to the States.

Then on Saturday I went to a larger gathering at one of the nestie's house. We had a baby shower for a few of the women. It was a great time to meet a few women who I had only gotten to know on the board. Some of us then went on to the city...I couldn't hang out with them for long as I was having 'date night' with Roy...but I suspect that I'll see a few of them soon again!

It's quite different to be part of this sort of community. How do you explain that you met people from the internet without sounding...different? You feel like you sorta know them and yet, you don't. I have met quite a few people from internet groups and really enjoyed it. I've made some good friends and some lovely acquaintences.

I think I'm going to write more on this at another time...but right now I have Sunday brain...

1 comment:

Caitlin & Scott said...

Thanks for the nice review in your blog entry. You are great too! You never know what you'll find when you meet an Internet friend in real life so I'm glad you were normal and actually cool!