17 August 2007

Hunger, anger and hope

This is bad. It's only 11am and I'm already hungry. I don't know what I'm going to do when I eat at 6:45am instead of 7:30am...I'll be done for by 10:30! I guess I need to start planning in some healthy snacks. Like yogurt or something like that. It's the downside to starting work again - having to get up earlier and then not being able to eat lunch when you feel like it. Oh, well.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DH scared me last night. Actually, no, he pissed me off. We live in London, land of transportation. We have access to public transport and a gazillion cabs. So there is absolutely NO reason for anyone to drive when they go out drinking. Roy played in a football (soccer) game last night and then went out with a friend (his best man). Now, I understand the car for football as it's tough to get to otherwise, but he ought to have dropped off his car and then taken public transport to the pub. But no. He drove. And then didn't want to leave his car there cause he would have had to either leave it there and get a £180 fine or wake up at an ungodly hour to pick it up. So he chose to drive after drinking way more than he ought to have. I reamed him out last night. And again this morning. It's unexcusable. He could kill or hurt himself or someone else. Yeah, he felt in control, but don't all drunks. No. It's not acceptable. He also now has a responsbility to me. He could even just call me if he wants. I only had one drink last night in my girlie night out, so I would have been fine to drive. Upset with him for doing this dumb thing, but okay to drive.

He will not do this again. I've put such a kabosh on it that I'm quite sure it'll stick. He felt my wrath. Hugely. Which, when you are hungover, is not so much fun. And quite honestly, it disgusts me that as an adult, he'd even consider it. Come on...have you learned nothing since you were young, dumb and full of "*&£()&?

I've done the drunk driving thing once. And the results scared me so much that I never did it again. I had to pull off a highway, into a parking lot, lock the doors, put my keys somewhere unfindable by another person and sleep for a while. In NJ. I could have been killed, maimed, taken...or done so to another person on the road while I was driving. Never again I said. I hope that my DH will also learn. He better or I'll have to do something about it. And that would make our relationship very uncomfortable. But better that than death.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway...work is going to be okay. Busy, crazy and tiring, but okay. I just have so many new ideas of things to do - I think I'm going to be working some seriously late hours and spending much less time online..which is good. I hope the kids like what I'm going to do!

No comments: