02 August 2007

A long day...

The courier service never came. Well...actually they did come, but they didn't bother to actually ring my buzzer to let me know they arrived. They just posted a 'note' on the front door saying they were there. Roy told me that this is something that they do on occasion when they are running late for a few jobs and the other jobs pay more. So I got screwed since I wasn't as important a job. And now, I have to do the whole sit in my house thing again on Friday from 9am to 5pm. UGH!

I hate when people don't take their responsibilities seriously. And I hated to be stuck in my flat for 8 hours. I couldn't leave. At all. I couldn't go to the gym...and I actually wanted to go. It just wasn't fair. (Dad would remind me at this point that life isn't fair.) The thing about it, I paid for the service. A lot of money. I did it due to bad service in the UK mail. And then I get bad service with this. Really...it's one of the few things I don't love about being over here. Service can sometimes be horrible. Even when you spend a ton on it and think it will work.

On the positive side of all of this (and being who I am, I did find a few positives), I did organize a lot of stuff in the house, which will make selling it and moving out much easier. I totally cleaned the kitchen. I did some work on the Advisory program. I had fun on the internet and found a few new blogs. I watched WAY too much food based television. I got in a small nap which made me a much nicer person in the evening. All very nice things. And I'll have plenty to do on Friday as well...though I hope they come early in the morning.

No comments: