10 February 2006

Ahead of Myself

Poor R. Last night I decided to let him know that I already had begun to look at what we could do in terms of an integrated Hindu-Christian wedding. It's actually kinda cool what we could do...

Here's what I found: http://aprendizdetodo.com/wedding/

And I've even found recordings of all the chanting that one is supposed to do.

Now the problem is that the mother & father of the groom might not be there...but as I have two sets of parents I'm sure one set would step in and fill that hole.

R., of course, being a boy, was not quite up for hearing about my findings. I'm not usually the 'traditional girl'...I don't want the huge wedding, I'm quite happy to be in the back yard and I DO NOT WANT A HUGE DRESS. But somehow I really want to plan this wedding. And it's cause I know that it's a commitment that I will take and keep for life.

I imagine being back home in the States, with a non-denominational person doing the ceremony...R. wearing the traditional garb as well as me in a sari...sorta like these:



I think it'd be cool.

No comments: