22 February 2006

Hand over your money or else!

Last night was fun. I met up with some of the ladies cricket team for a committee meeting. We're heading toward actually getting into the league (hopefully after this season) and so we need to be a bit more organized. So of course, being in England, we met in the pub. There were five other women and our fearless male leader (who is married to a British film star & a great actor in his own right - isn't that cool?). We drank, discussed what we need to do and assigned ourselves to a variety of roles. It was decided that none of us would have special names, like Chair or Treasurer...but we'd have those roles anyway. So two will be in charge of the social aspect (wouldn't be fun without that!), a few in charge of kit & shirts, one in charge of our website, one in charge of the fixtures and then myself, the money gatherer. I will be in charge of getting people's membership fee for the summer (a measly £40!!), subs during games (probably £5) and our weekly practice fee (only £1). It's much cheaper than field hockey which has a weekly game sub of £7 and a MUCH higher membership fee. So hopefully people will be fine with paying this amount. I will gather the money (okay, threaten people into handing it over) and then we'll be able to buy cool equipment and wine during our end of season dinner! I think the best part of the evening was just to be able to hang out with this group of women. They are all so lovely. While I'm not as much a 'part' of the group, they do try to bring me in and I appreciate it. Reminds me that I can't hide so much in my relationship and that I need to try to be more social. I miss girlfriends and this gang is a group I enjoy. So...here's to more Saturday nights with the social group. Gotta start doing it!

No comments: