28 February 2006


Not an old fogey yet!

R. & I rarely go out to somewhere new. I'm not sure why. I guess we're heading toward that middle age, settle down, settle in sort of lifestyle. And sometimes that worries me. That we're getting to staid. I don't want to become a boring old couple who just sits at home watching the Lost episodes on DVD and ordering take-away from the same old Chinese restaurant. So for Valentine's Day I gave R. a different sort of pressie...a gift certificate from Vinopolis. I got him the special package through Lastminute.com. The Valentine's package not only included the tour, 'how to taste wine', five wine tastings and the Bombay Saphire Experience...but also two premium wine tastings...for each person. It was bril! I tasted both white & red, from all over the world. Even had a great sip or two of some yummy pink champagne at the end. And I must say that the Cinnamon Saphire was really good. I'm not a gin person and this may have changed my mind...cinnamon, apple, gin...it's a good combo! Needless to say we both left a bit pissed and ready for dinner. R. decided that I needed to experience the steaks of the Gaucho Grill. And he was right. I had an amazing steak (ribeye) with a great side-dish of tasty spinach. The Argentines know what they are doing.

We finally got home some time after midnight...full of food and wine (cause of course we had a bottle at the Grill)...and ready to wake up just a few hours later, cause I had to be at the hockey club at 8am. Sigh...the next morning was not fun (yup, getting old!) but oh, it was so worth it...I'm not an old fogey yet!!!

No comments: