18 February 2006

Owwy!

Pain. No one really likes it. But somehow in so many ways we put ourselves in the way of pain. And for 'good' reasons...like working out and getting fit. I decided when I signed up for my new gym to get a few personal training sessions. I hadn't been pushing myself at all to workout hard and had lost a lot of fitness in the 1-1/2 years since I moved here. So I met up with my trainer, Kevin, yesterday. I had been sick the week before & not worked out really since...boy did it show! I tried to push myself but I just couldn't do a few things I had excelled at only a year earlier. How pathetic!! And now, a day later, I'm in pain. Major pain. I can deal with it after having a been an athlete for years and I tend to have a decent pain tolerance...but I haven't felt like this in YEARS! R. tried to rub my back and I almost cried...even just having my muscles touched hurts. Now this is a good thing as it means that I did push myself and my muscles are rebuilding to become stronger...but jeez! So I now have to keep pushing myself to stay on course. Seeing Kevin again in a few weeks will help. I really would like not to feel like this again! Perhaps it's time to follow another English tradition and take a nice long bath with a cuppa...yup, that's the way.

No comments: