14 February 2006

Celebrate Love!

Happy Valentine's Day to everyone...

Back, oh so many years ago, after my engagement broke off, I remember just not liking Valentine's Day. I knew my ex was dating someone (he cheated while we were still together) and I wasn't. I thought Valentine's Day was only for those who were coupled. But a few years later (after having guys break things off JUST before V Day), I decided that Valentine's Day was a day to take care of yourself and remind yourself of the love you do have in your life. And I'm lucky. I have two sets of parents who think I am wonderful. I have a brother and a sister-in-law who would drop everything for me. And I have friends who I've kept throughout the years, including my best friend, J., who has known me for almost 30 years! I have always had a life full of love and that is worth celebrating. So for the past few years, even if I am coupled or not, I do something nice for myself. One year I even bought myself a really cool ring. And this year I'll be getting a manicure & pedicure...ahh, the luxury!

So - single, coupled or whatever...take the day to celebrate the love in your life!

No comments: