04 February 2006

Blueberry heaven

I would call myself something of a cook. I can take a recipe and make it better. I can do things from my own head. And I can remember how to make almost anything I've made in the past. Yup, I can cook. But what I rarely do is bake. I don't like baking. I lack the baking gene...you know, the one where you are actually precise about what you are doing? When cooking, you can throw a little bit of this and a little bit of that into the mix. Not so with baking (unless you've been doing it a long, long time & do know exactly what you are doing). Baking is the OCD sport of the cooking world...and I just can't compete. So what am I doing making 3 dozen blueberry muffins and 2 pumpkin spice cakes? I'm making them for our companies' tea time. Each department gets a chance to 'host' the tea...and it's our turn. While many others would just go out and spend £30 on bakery goods, I've spent the same plus a few hours on baking goods. So...wish me luck...I'm just hoping that the things go over okay!

No comments: