19 October 2006

Food for thought

I am proud of myself. I'm in the midst of the dreaded monthlies and as always, have been craving both salt and chocolate. But I have resisted. Last night after eating dinner, R. and I had to run to the store to get milk and shaving cream. I declared that I wanted chocolate. Despite my previous declaration of wanting to lose weight (R. decided he wants to jump on this bandwagon to). R. was so excited about chocolate. Well...we got to the store and went to the candy isle. And ya know what. I decided NOT to get chocolate or the crisps that were calling out my name. Woo hoo. I may not have gone to the gym yesterday, and I ate a bit too much at dinner...but I took the first step. And that decision will help as will every other positive one I make.

We returned from the store probably around 8:15pm. R. made himself some hot chocolate (he calls it hot milk, which I still think is quite funny) and he made me some tea (too much milk late at night is not good for my tummy). And then we went to bed. We sat drinking our drinks for a while, chatting, and then turned off the lights and chatted for about 1-1/2 hours. We call it our bed talk time. Usually it happens every night for about a 1/2 hour, but with being tired, we decided to get into bed really early and hope for an early bed hour for sleep. 10ish wasn't too bad and we were able to talk about a lot of stuff...hopes, dreams, etc. I love that time. And we also got a good night sleep too!

Now for the only bad thing. I forgot to put my engagement ring back on after doing my hair. I hate getting all the gooey stuff on my ring while working it into my hair, so I take it off and put it by my bedside. And I forgot about it. I was rushing around doing stuff...and I forgot. So I'm here at work feeling all nekked. I've had the ring for long enough that it's become a part of me. And I feel guilty. Like I'm hiding something. But I'm not. So the lesson learned here...move my ring box into the bathroom so that I can put it on immediately after doing my hair instead of waiting until later.

No comments: