31 October 2006

Happy Halloween!

I love to dress up. Ever since I was a little girl being dressed up by my mommy until now, I have totally gotten into 'fancy dress' (as they call it here in England). The first costume I remember wearing was a large pillowcase that my mom cut eye holes into and sewed on black letters that said "BOO!". I was quite a cutie pie as a ghost. I then moved on to become a cow girl (an outfit I decided to wear for months afterwards...thanks parents for not forcing the issue on that one!), a Raggedy Ann doll and a variety of spooky characters.

Even as an adult I've gotten into Halloween. This year I am dressed up as a dark angel. It's not much of a costume but one I can get away with as a school counselor. I'm in all black (yeah!) with black wings and a black furry halo. I have my curls all funked out and dark makeup on. I think my favorite Halloween costume was when I was working in a boarding school - I dressed up like one of the kids getting ready for their football games (they usually dressed in school colours and wrote on their faces). The kids got it.

So, anyway, hope you all enjoy your day. Hope you get treats and not tricks. And....


BOO!

No comments: