12 October 2006

When a sweater saved the day

There are many reasons to love autumn in London. The nights are cooler so sleeping is very comfy, particularly under a warm duvet. People want to snuggle up a lot more so love seems to be in the air. And best of all...big sweaters.

Last night I went out with a workmate, her boyfriend and a few others. We went to Belgo Noord for the mussels and beer. Now, I haven't been drinking beer in order to try to lose some weight (it hasn't really helped to be honest). So...I decided to have a few last night. Belgium beers are particularly yummy as was the food. But the downside of drinking beer when you're not used to it is found in the next morning. Beer bloat.

Now coupled with PMS and the beer bloat, finding something to wear this morning was a touch rough. The outfit I had chosen the night before just wasn't right with my big ol' tummy. So I found the ultimate autumn outfit...slouchy trousers and a slightly roomy cable knit sweater from the States. It's a lovely periwinkle colour so it doesn't look too ick. I look rather New Englandy I'd say with my clogs on the feet. And my tummy is not exposed too much...is it sweater or is it tummy? :-)

So, autumn is good for those fat days, while still remaining warm enough not to need the big winter coat. Ah...memories of American football and hot cocoa...one of those few things I miss from the States.

No comments: