18 October 2006

Gain and loss

171 Days to go until the wedding. While it sounds like quite a few days, it's a lot less than I wanted to have when actually starting to lose some weight. And yes, I know I've talked about it a ton, but I haven't gotten off my sweet ass to actually do anything about it. And somehow I did lose a few pounds, but not enough.

When I was living on my own in Boston, I ate quite healthily. Yes, there were days I ate junk, but overall I kept away from sweets and didn't eat things like crisps or chips (chips or french fries). But here it seems as if all bets are off. I've been eating like a teenager and it's just not working. Thus gaining 15 pounds in the 2 years I've been here...and I've gone up 2 sizes. It's not that I'm fat or even heavy looking (I was quite thin beforehand).

So here it is. I'm starting. I'm going to try to lose at least 10 lbs. And I'm going to go to the gym to tone everything up. I used to get so many compliments on my legs - they were well muscled but not gross and kids in sports that I coached used to say they wanted legs like mine. Not anymore. But they will again!

There will be a few good things to come out of this fitness & weight loss program:

1. Fitting into clothing much better. And not having to buy new clothes as I have some lovely things that I just don't fit into. Saving money is good right now.

2. Getting into my wedding dresses and looking really good in them - toned arms in a sleeveless dress...check.

3. Getting fit. I'd like to be able to run around and not feel breathless. I want to go to hockey training and kick tushie.

4. Feeling better about myself. Overall I like who I am. I just don't like my bod at this moment. Yes, I know it's typical to women, but I did like my body overall 10 lbs ago, so I want to get back to that.

5. Better sex life. The better I feel about myself, the more I want it. And that will in turn make for a better relationship between R. and me!

So...171 days. I can do it. My hope is to lose at least 2 pounds by the end of the month. I'll let you know!

No comments: