09 October 2006

Scuba

I'm baaaa-ccck!

So. Where was I and what the heck was I doing? Well...three adults (including me) took a group of 24 students scuba diving in L'Estartit, Spain. Each year our school hosts trips in both the UK and in the Continent. I did the trip last year and have to say that this year was even better.

We left VERY early a.m. from school and headed off to the airport. We finally made it to our place a few hours later and began the process of getting scuba gear. I was most excited as I was going to end up certified as an Open Water Diver and have a few dives toward my advanced certification. And I made it. As did most of our kids. We had a ton of beginners who ended up with Scuba Diver certs and a few who went on to become more advanced. Only 2 dropped out...which is not bad.

Excitingly, we had a group of kids who were good beans. They got quiet when we asked and seemingly didn't do anything bad. Not a bad trip. And on top of it, it was warm and I got some sun. Sweet!

No comments: