09 February 2007

Get your groove on!

I had so much fun last night. The Ladies' 1st team put together an evening out (and as it looks as if I'm going to be their goalie for the rest of the season, I was invited). We started out at a pub near King's Cross station. It was a sweet small pub that wasn't too crowded and had good wine and food. We all ate there. And then people changed into their outfits. Yes, outfits. Cause we were going to the rollerdisco...fun on four wheels!

Most of the ladies wore tights with shorts or short skirts...and everyone put on a pair of leg warmers. Remember those? Yes, we now all own a pair of 'em. The eldest of us (me included) decided against wearing a costume and did the jeans and top thing. But we still looked rockin'.

It felt as if I was back in 4th grade again in some ways...though in those days I wouldn't have been drinking wine while skating! The music was classic 80s cheese and rock. "I Love Rock 'n Roll"..."We Will Rock You"...sigh...it brought back memories.

And ya know what? I wasn't half bad. I could spin. I could go backward. I could do the cross-over when going round bends. Yup. I kicked it.

The only downside to the whole evening was when some bitchy twenty-something girl decided it would be oh so cute to knock her male friend over...and into me. Which resulted in an entire plastic cup worth of white wine going all over my clothing. Did either of them apologize? No. Even when told that he had knocked wine all over me. Did he get me a napkin? NO! And even when asked if he was going to buy me a new drink, he replied, "It wasn't my fault I knocked into her". So neither the bitch nor the ass helped me or apologized in any way. Karma has it's way of coming to bite you in the ass...she got knocked HARD and ended on her bum during the fast skate and he got tripped up and fell embarrasingly on his face. I hate people who have no manners. Can you tell?

So, now I'm sitting here, a bit tired (didn't get home until 12:30am)...but it was so worth the lack of sleep. What a way to end the week!

No comments: