26 February 2007

Whining about wine

Saturday night, R & I went to a wine tasting party at a friend's flat. Each guest was asked to bring a specific type of wine with them. R brought a bottle of bordeaux and I brought a bottle of pinot grigio. We were given a glass to use and then told to taste each wine and at the end, write comments.

Now usually when you go to a wine tasting, they just give you a bit. Enough for a good taste and that's about it. But we were all scarfing down a 1/2 glass of wine per person. And when you are trying out about 10 wines, it can be quite a lot of wine. Especially if you keep drinking some after the wine tasting was over. There was dancing going on, lots of crazy laughter, a bit of red wine spillage onto a cream coloured rug (ouch)....if I had been entirely sober while there, I'm sure I would have laughed at us all and determined never to drink again. But of course that won't happen!

So we were all a bit tipsy, I'd say. And the repercussions were felt the next day. Darn tannins...they always get me! R & I had the laziest day ever - we didn't even leave the flat ONCE! Red wine, more than any other, just knocks me for a loop. And drinking that much was not the smartest idea. But at least we weren't drunk...and I wasn't unable to do anything on Sunday...just not feeling motivated to do anything (a bit of a fuzzy head would be the best explanation).

And now I'm back at work...feeling a bit worn for wear. But much better than yesterday. And have no plans to drink in the immediate future. Which is a good and wise idea. How mature am I getting?!

No comments: