07 February 2007

Will it never end?!

It's amazing how expensive weddings are, especially if you have tons of out of town guests. Almost everyone who is coming to the wedding will be at the rehearsal dinner, which makes it another quite expensive meal!

I just went and figured out how much more money we ought to be spending on this wedding...what is left to pay all the vendors, what I'll need to budget for the rehearsal dinner and other odd expenses that will come up that week.

It's a bit stressful, to be honest. Trying to save money for this. Trying to work out who is paying for what. Stress! And I'm sure my mom, who has offered to pay a large sum and yet who doesn't make very much is also quite stressed. Poor thing. I hope it doesn't really put her into any debt, as I wasn't planning on having any at the end of this whole thing.

But it's coming together. I don't have much more to do. Let's see...what's left?
  • hair & makeup trial
  • actual hair & makeup
  • henna day/night for a bunch of us (mendhi night)
  • build a mandap
  • meet up with the minister
  • meet up with the event planner
  • meet up with the photographer (or at least talk to her a bunch more)
  • figure out a few more songs - like our first dance
  • mani/pedis with the girls
  • order food and drink for the rehearsal dinner
  • get waxed (enough said)

I think that's it. And while the list looks a bit long, it's a heck of a lot smaller than my original list. The boys still have to get measured for their tuxes and will have to pick them up the day before. But boys are lucky that they don't have to worry about doing a lot of stuff (though they'll have to put together the mandap on the Saturday while I'm getting all pretty!).

I'll survive this all. And who knows...it might be seen as the small town PA wedding of the year! ;-)

No comments: