18 May 2007

And she says it again...

On Wednesday night, I had a big cry with my hubby. I had tried on a skirt that morning that I had purchased the previous year...and it did not sit 2" below my navel as it previously had done...no, it was at or above it. It kept riding up as I walked. I was horrified at myself. So I had a good cry about how I just couldn't figure out how to motivate myself to workout and to eat better. I kept sabotaging myself for no good reason. Poor DH!

So yesterday, DH said he'd have to work late (he had a meeting with a guy who he's doing consulting work for). So I thought, why not try one of those classes at the gym. I can't get into my normal workout, so maybe having a class to go to at least once or twice a week will work.
I decided to try Body Pump. It's one of those 'all around toning' sorts of things, where you do weight lifting using a bench and movable weights and the like. The instructor, on seeing my panic at not having ever done anything like this, gave me a few suggestions. I was told to get out six of the lightest weights, as well as the other things needed (like a bench, bar, etc).

And then we began. It was one hour of feeling my muscles shake. One hour of sweating my tush off. I pushed myself, which is kinda sad as I had the lowest amount of weights in the entire class. I felt like such a wimp. But I won't be that person for long...

I left the class feeling like my limbs were made of rubber...going down stairs was tough. I knew I'd be sore...and yup, I am this morning. And I'm going to go back. No more whining. No more whinging. Just doing. (And yes, I do recognize that I've said this before. I really mean it this time. Really. Yes!)

No comments: