01 May 2007

Flying time

Wow. It's already May. Can't believe it. The school year is flying. We have only 6-1/2 weeks left until graduation. My dad's school in the States only has about 3 or 4. And then it'll be time for vacation - OUR HONEYMOON!

In between all of this I have tons to do. As a school counselor I run a Peer Advising program and I have to interview all the candidates. We usually take about 24 or so. These kids teach a once a cycle seminar on how to adjust to the high school to 9th graders. It's a cool program...but I am in charge of it and our 9th grade advisory...which means that I also have to develop all the coursework and sessions that go with both programs.

It's also the start of cricket season. This year R. isn't taking part, he's retiring after several years of professional and non-pro cricket. I, on the other hand, will be getting revved up for my 3rd season of playing. It's very strange to be an American playing this sport. But I seem to be decent...this year I'm hoping to make the competitive team instead of the developmental team, but it's a long shot. I have to improve both my bowling (which is like pitching) and my batting. Especially my batting as that seems to be my core strength.

And then there's working out, going to my in-laws at least once a week, trying to keep the flat clean, teaching a new topic in my Psychology course (which means hours of prep each day/night)...yeah there's a lot going on.

So...when am I going to get time to go shopping for a bikini?

1 comment:

Lindy said...

Hey! You have to update your about me section, you're no longer single!!

Sounds like you have a lot going and it all sounds interesting.