16 May 2007


Think back to when you were a senior in high school. It was the last month of school. Not many days left to hang with your buddies in the corridors. Teachers are giving out projects knowing that you won't really do your all. You might have an exam to work on. Do you remember how you were feeling about now?

Well...for most of the teachers and admin here, I don't think it is a memory. I think we live it again every single year. Yes. We get senioritis.

I have so much work to do. Organizing for next year while doing things for this year (yes, I'm complaining about it again). But I just don't want to do it. I want to sit and read books. I want to go to the movies. I want to walk around in good weather (not that we have any right now, but I would if it was). And I'm not alone.

I guess some of it (for me) comes from the fact that I have a plan for right after school ends. I am going on a true vacation. And so I just can't wait. I mean, really, it's only four weeks away as of Sunday. So close. And yet...so far.

I can picture it...in my bathing suit (that's not the best picture in reality, but I think of myself as slimmer than I am), drink in hand, sun beating down on my body (which will be covered in SPF 50 by the way) without a care in the world. Who wouldn't have senioritis?!

Just to give you a sense of what I'm picturing in my head...here's a picture or two of the resort:

Yeah...sun, beach, sand, rum....sigh.

No comments: