15 May 2007

School night

You know you're getting older when it physically hurts to wake up after a night out. Not a boozy night out, just a late night.

I went out with R. to meet up with some friends and to watch some comedy. We went to the Comedy Store in central London. Started the evening with dinner - yummy steaks and a glass of red wine. Then off to the club.

The show was a benefit one for dementia. So it was a mixed bag of comedians - most were smaller acts but others had bigger names. And I had a blast! Of course, having the memory that I do, I can't remember any of the names other than a fellow UKY'er, Elizabeth Kuyper, who did a great job (considering that she doesn't do it often). The guy who was staging the show, I think they are called compiers, did a wonderful job - he got us laughing, kept our attention and just jazzed up the show very well...he was almost as good as the regular guys. I did recognize two guys from commercials...and I think some child's show on t.v. (one of those ones like Nickelodian). Have to admit, it was just good to laugh out loud. Something we all need once in a while.

So I got home later than usual. And unfortunately had to wake up earlier than usual due to a 7:30am meeting. And my body is stiff. Maybe this is my body telling me I need to get more sleep, workout more and eat less. Yeah, probably.

No comments: