13 May 2007

Lazy

This has been quite the lazy weekend. Friday night we didn't even cook! We went to our favorite burger joint - The Gourmet Burger Kitchen. It's fantastic. Great big ol' burgers with amazing sauces. Yummy chips. Mmmmmm! It was pure laziness, as I could have very easily gone shopping for food...but I decided to go out with my workmates instead to our local pub.

We then attempted to sleep in on Saturday morning, though the light woke me up (which meant that R. also woke up too). So I got up and did a bit of cleaning, while R. made us tea. I decided that I needed some cereal too. We were having guests the next day and I didn't want it to be too gross looking. From the freezer, I took out the lamb we were going to use on Sunday night. And that was the extent of my work for the day.

Around 10am, we headed to Borough Market (which I talked about a bit earlier in my blog) to pick up food for today. We bought some sweets - a few pieces of cake and pie. We bought some savoury - our fav cheese (mmmm, creamy), a chilli pepperoni and breads. And then finally good olive oil and balsamic vinegar (which if you've never had really GOOD stuff...ya gotta try it - it's not like the liquid you get in the grocers). We tasted so many things. A good morning!

In the afternoon, we caught up on 'Lost' episodes, so that we're now up to date. Can't even imagine where they're going to go with that, though I heard their final season will be in 2010, so there will be an ending eventually. With all the twists and turns, it makes me want to watch more. Darn it.

Dinner was just cheese toast. Divine. Not sure if you've ever had cheese toast. It's NOT toasted cheese. So much better I think.

I finally figure out how to deal with the early morning light (UK light comes earlier and stays later than US light). I used the sari fabric from my mandap, folded it over and put it up. And it worked! I slept until 9 frickin' 30! Which for me is a minor miracle. I feel so much better. Now I have to figure out how to make it permanent. And I will. Time for me to start sewing.

I finished cleaning this morning (yes, a step away from laziness) and we prepped the room for our guests. Some light conversation, tea and treats. It was a good visit of some of R's family friends.

And now, here I am. Sitting on my tush, just looking through the internet with abandon. I suppose I might help R cook dinner (lamb curry)...we'll see. I'm not sure it fits in with my idea of being a lady of leisure.

No comments: