23 May 2007

Boring

I've been wracking my brain the past few days, trying to figure out what to write about in my blog. I usually have tons of thoughts, but the past few days...well, there's nothing. And it's not unusual around this time of the year. I have so much going on in work...crazy busy and just focusing on getting to June 15th.

It's amazing how work can sometimes take over your life. But I'm still trying to maintain a bit of balance. I went to cricket training last night and got a great workout...as R. said to me when I showed up at home, "shwettie". And I've planned more than work for the weekend.

This weekend I'm trying to do a bunch of things...the first will be to grade almost 30 papers (about 5 pages long). Ick. Hopefully I'll be able to get at least 3 or 4 done an hour (thank goodness for speed reading skills).

The second thing I'll be doing is shopping for my honeymoon. I need a bathing suit, sun glasses (as I seemed to have lost mine) and I'd like to buy at least one new skirt or dress to wear to dinner.

The third thing, outside of work, that I'll do is play cricket. We have a game on Sunday. I think it'll be a good one as we have some decent new players. Quite exciting.

Fourth...the hotel night and French food. More on that later.

And finally - going to Southall with my in-laws.

So yes...a busy darn weekend. Followed by a busy week...cause I'm giving an essay test to my kids which I'll have to grade by the end of the week so they know who has to take the final exam, which happens the following week. Sigh...oh, and review time. Lots of review time.

So - if I don't post here a lot, it's not that I'm not doing anything...it's just that it's so darn boring. But it's almost over. I keep saying it..and hoping it's true!

No comments: