04 May 2007

I'm in charge of what?

Next year is going to be crazy busy. I mean CRAZY busy. I have quite a lot on my plate for work and it'll be interesting to see how it works out. Here's just a little breakdown of what I'm going to be doing:

Counseling - I'll still be the high school counselor. I'll be there to meet for short-term therapy with any of our 450 students. Many of our students who need therapy end up going to someone outside, so I'm more of a support than a serious therapist.

Teaching - I will teach two sections of my Introduction to Psychology class. It's quite a lot of work, but I've handled it okay this year. But I'm going to have to do some summer work to get it totally up to speed.

Peer Advising - I am in charge of this program. Juniors & Seniors meet once every 8-day cycle for 40 minutes with the freshmen. I have to design and run the curriculum, meet with all the advisors at least once a cycle to go over it all. Yeah - it's busy!

Health info - I have to bring someone in to do the alcohol and other drugs education (for Freshmen and Sophomores), I work on trying to educate the students on other health related topics

GSA - I am one of two adult mentors for our Gay Straight Alliance. Next year we're trying to bring in a speaker to work with all the groups in the high school - teachers, faculty and students...with a few workshops for the student leaders. It'll be interesting. I'll be in charge of this.

Coaching - field hockey - I'll do the defense & middle school coaching. It'll be a 5-6 day a week after school job from late August until mid-November. It takes up a lot of time!

9th grade advisory - I am the director of this new program. I have to train the faculty who will be taking part, come up with the curriculum, meet with the 8 faculty regularly to go over the curriculum...it's going to be a HUGE task.

So yeah. I may need to employ some serious stress reduction technques - or else have weekly therapy sessions myself! I can't wait to see what'll happen if I end up getting pregnant...

No comments: