19 January 2006

He finally did it!!

R. finally told his parents that enough is enough. He told them that he would no longer tolerate emails dissing either him or me, that he would not put up with comments about the relationship or how it's hurting the family. He told them that they had to accept that I will be part of his life forever. And they heard it. They accept that I will be his future wife. They don't accept me, per se, or feel at this point that I will become part of their family...but R. thinks that it will come in the future. They may choose not to come to our wedding...but after we marry, he won't go to his parents unless I'm welcome as well. So they now have to think a bit further as to what they will and won't do...but he's giving them that time.

So - while it was a tough evening for him (he came to visit me at my home, told me a few sentences and then went to his home to go to bed)...I think it will make life easier for him. And now that the pressure is off...he may feel more comfortable asking me to marry him (he knows he has limited time cause I won't let this situation carry on for much longer...life's too short and my ovaries aren't getting any younger!). So...I feel a bit better today than I did earlier this week.

I'm also sending the letter I wrote to his parents. I got some feedback from friends as well as from R.. I hope that they actually read it - it's a bit long but it is about my life so I'd hope it wouldn't be too short. It certainly can't hurt I don't think!

No comments: