23 January 2006

Sports and Food...Food and Sports

This was overall a great weekend...full of sports and activities.

On Friday night we did next to nothing and went to bed around 10pm. It was GREAT! You know you are getting old when an early bedtime is a good thing...sigh. But I also had to get up at 7:30am so I could eat breakfast before heading to the hockey club. We had to meet by 8:30am to head to our 10:30am game...it took about 1 hour to get there and we dressed, talked and then warmed up. We won 2-0 (should have been 3-0 but one goal was called back). As I'm the goalie I was quite happy with the results! We're in Div 1 and at the top of the league - woohoo! Just have to keep winning and we'll be moved up to the Division!

We then relaxed on Saturday night - we cooked dinner for my flatmate and a friend. It was yummy! We (well mainly R.) made a chicken curry. Not too hot, not too mild...just right. It was fun to hang out with other people, have good food/drink & great conversation. Another decently early night.

Sunday I had cricket training. We went to indoor nets for the first time. It'll happen once a month until we begin the outdoor season in May. I definitely decided that bowling is not for me and that I need to work on my batting. I really like it! But I'm quite sore today - haven't used the arm muscles in a long while. Guess I know what I need to do at the gym tomorrow!!

The rest of the day was productive in some ways. R. cleaned the kitchen while I cleaned the bathroom - it's good to have clean spaces. We still need to hoover the floors and organize the extra room, but there's not hurry. We finished the evening with a cup of tea and a relaxing bath together. Ahhhh...then off to bed to have a good week. We'll see what it hold for us both!

No comments: