24 January 2006

The 'old married couple'

I've been in relationships where it feels like it's a struggle to communicate. There may be passion, may be interest...but somehow you just can't connect in so many ways and it makes things so hard. That's not what I have now...we work so well together. Like last night...it was like a scripted play...

I arrive home after buying food for dinner, put it on the counter and wait for R. to arrive. R. arrives, gives me a kiss and gets all comfy. We then decide what to watch on the t.v. - it's a consensus. I then go to make the aps I bought...in the meanwhile R. is filling up water glasses...I get the aps from the oven and R. gets all the sauces without me asking. We eat, then clean up and then while I'm heating up the soup, he's grilling the bread. And the night goes on. We look like such an old married couple at times...thank God we're not in many others ways!!!

No comments: